Dr. Gaila Mackenzie-Strawn, MS,DC, CTN
In 1979, I made a life changing decision.
Having suffering with painful abdominal pain since the age of two, I decided to find a solution. I have very early memories of being doubled over with pain, going to my parents bedroom in the middle of the night, crying, and pleading with them to help me. I spent countless hours with my knees to my chest, crippled with pain and having to cancel events.
Conventional medicine did not have any answers for me
Do you feel like no one has truly understood your pain or taken the time to find the answers for you?
I can relate to your pain because I have experienced it.
What I love most in life is to discover the underlying cause of your symptoms and create a plan to help you correct the problem.
I spent years studying and practicing natural medicine to determine the cause of my abdominal pain, what I could do to get relief, and how I could help others gain freedom from the pain and discomfort of unresolved health problems.
By the late 1980’s, I discovered that symptoms such as abdominal pain, gas, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, colic, reflux, sinus congestion, headaches, skin disorders, headaches, asthma, anxiety and even depression are often due to allergy related inflammation.
I found that inflammation is often due to a combination of unrecognized food allergies, imbalanced gut bacteria, improper diet and nutritional deficiencies.
If you have inflammation in your digestive system, this can cause sinus congestion, sneezing and post nasal drip, skin inflammation leading to eczema and dermatitis, brain inflammation leading to headaches, anxiety, depression, ADD and ADHD, lung inflammation causing asthma and can cause you to have pain almost anywhere in your body.
By discovering the underlying causes, identifying and eliminating food allergies, correcting bacterial imbalances in your gut, and addressing nutritional deficiencies, I have had the pleasure of helping thousands of patients get relief from their allergy related symptoms.
My passion in life is to help patients suffering from health problems gain freedom from their misery and frustration so they can live their lives pain free.
Certification and Education
- Board Certified Traditional Naturopath
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Nutrition and Biology
- Certified NeurOptimal Neurofeedback Practitioner
- Licensed Chiropractor (DC) in the state of California
- Completed hospital rotations and all required courses for Medical Degree (MD)
- Lectured extensively, both publicly and to physicians groups, on the subject of integrative medicine and health.
- 30 years of experience treating and educating both patients and other healthcare practitioners in the field of natural medicine
- Invited as an expert guest on several radio and TV talk shows (including The Montel Williams Show)
- Produced and hosted a weekly radio program on San Diego radio stations – KFMB, KSDO and KCEO, from 1986-2004.
- Hosted and produced the syndicated talk show Women’s Health Talk, on 65 stations through Talk America Radio Network.
- B.A. in English, Cum Laude, from Windham College, Putney, Vermont
- M.S. in Biology/Clinical Nutrition, Magna Cum Laude, from University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- D.C. from Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, Glendale, California
- C.T.N., Board Certified Traditional Naturopathic Doctor from American Naturopathic Medical Certification Board
- M.D. (Candidate) from UHSA Medical School – finished all required courses
- Completed hospital rotations in 2007 at Maryvale Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona
M.S., D.C., C.T.N., M.D. (candidate)
American College for Advancement in Medicine
American Holistic Medical Association
Public Relations Director for San Diego COTA (Children’s Organ Transplant Association)
Provider for “Homecoming for Hero’s Program”
LISTEN to “DR. GAILA on BLOG TALK RADIO”
Dr. Patricia May D.C., R.T
Dr. May is a trained practitioner of Acupressure Allergy Relief and Neuroptimal Neurofeedback. She has 0ver 29 years of experience treating and educating patients and post graduate students in the field of natural health care. She has a passion for helping others to maintain and regain their health through natural medicine.
Dr. May taught as an Assistant Professor at Cleveland Chiropractic College and was an instructor at Los Angeles College of Chiropractic and Chaffey Community College.
Angel Porter-Cachero , B.S.,R.N.
AngelPorter Cachero, R.N., is a trained practitioner of Acupressure Allergy Relief Technique and NeurOptimal Neurofeedback. She is a registered nurse who obtained a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Point Loma Nazarene University. In addition to graduating with Cum Laude honors, she completed two addition externships at Rady Children’s Hospital in the intensive and pulmonary acute care units. After finishing her undergraduate degree, she accepted a position at Scripps Green Hospital on a telemetry unit and was recognized as “Rookie Nurse of the Year” for her excellent service in providing effective and individualized care. Having personally struggled with allergic reactions to food and the environment her entire life, she is passionate about caring for people in their own journey to health and wellness
Annette Gabriella B.S.
Annette Gabriella is a trained Neurofeedback Technician. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and worked as a Bilingual Social Worker for the County of San Diego and as teacher for Vista Adult School. She was introduced to Neurofeedback when her cousin’s son was diagnosed with PANDAS (Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorder associated with streptococcal infection which resulted in Tourette’s. After being told his condition was permanent, his mom researched other options. They discovered Neurofeedback, which healed his brain and eradicated the Tourette’s symptoms. After learning of his incredible recovery, Annette became intrigued by Neurofeedback and it’s multitude of healing applications. She trained as a Neurofeedback Technician and has joined the wellness team at RB Center for Health & Wellness