Traditional Naturopath & Functional Medicine Holistic Doctor San Diego
Hi, I’m Dr Gaila and I help patient who suffer with belly pain, bloating and constipation and many other health conditions.
I’m a Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner, Doctor of Natural Medicine, Board Certified Traditional Naturopath, Licensed Chiropractic Physician, have an M.S. degree in Biology/Clinical Nutrition and finished all classes and did hospital rotations for an M.D. degree.
I live in San Diego with my wonderful husband and enjoy spending time with our 3 children and 7 grandchildren.
Conventional Medicine Did Not Have Any Answers For Me
My passion to help others can be traced back to my early childhood when at age two , I underwent an unnecessary exploratory surgery to find the cause of my severe belly pain, bloating and constipation.
Throughout my adult life, I spent countless hours with my knees to my chest, crippled with pain and having to leave events. I saw many doctors and had numerous tests, and just like you, I was told that nothing was wrong with me – I needed to learn to live with it!
Do you feel like no one has truly understood your pain or taken the time to find the answers for you?
I can relate to your pain because I have experienced it.
I spent years studying and practicing Natural Medicine and discovered that pain, bloating, constipation and almost all health conditions are due to inflammation.
I found that inflammation is often due to unrecognized, undiagnosed and untreated gut infections, imbalanced gut bacteria, toxins, food sensitivities, improper diet and nutritional deficiencies.
Once I discovered my untreated gut infections, identified my food sensitivities, properly balanced my gut bacteria and repaired my gut lining – my symptoms disappeared and have not come back!
Gut Healing Takes a Comprehensive Approach
I’ve been in practice for 35 years and have helped over 100,000 patients uncover and resolve the root causes of their symptoms.
If you have inflammation in your digestive system, this can cause sinus congestion, sneezing and post nasal drip, skin inflammation leading to eczema and dermatitis, brain inflammation leading to headaches, joint pain, anxiety, depression, ADD and ADHD, lung inflammation causing asthma and can cause you to have pain almost anywhere in your body.
I can help you by discovering the root causes of your discomfort and get the relief you are looking for.
I begin by obtaining a thorough history and ordering state of the art lab tests to correctly identify pathogens and other imbalances.
Conventional Medicine Frequently Misses the Root Causes of Bloating and Belly Pain
Conventional microscopic stool testing can be unreliable. If a lab tech cannot see a pathogen under a microscope, the test may falsely be ruled as normal.
I order state of the art GI-MAP DNA stool tests because DNA testing does not miss pathogens. I have reviewed many false negative microscopic stool tests that revealed positive results on a DNA stool test.
I address food sensitivities, thoroughly eliminate gut infections and re-check to be sure the pathogens are gone, restore proper bacterial balance, repair the gut lining, address toxicity and resolve nutrient deficiencies to reduce the inflammation responsible for symptoms.
I know this can work for you because it did for me.
I look forward to helping you!
Certification and Education
- Board Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner
- Board Certified Doctor of Natural Medicine
- Board Certified Traditional Naturopath
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Nutrition and Biology
- Certified NeurOptimal Neurofeedback Practitioner
- Licensed Chiropractor (DC) in the state of California
- Completed all required courses and did clinical and hospital rotations at Maryvale Hospital, Phoenix, Az. for a Medical Degree (MD) -currently hold candidate status – have not done U.S. residency
- Lectured extensively, both publicly and to physicians groups, on the subject of integrative medicine and health in the United States and Europe
- 35 years of experience treating and educating both patients and other healthcare practitioners in the field of natural medicine
- Invited as an expert guest on several radio and TV talk shows – including The Montel Williams Show
- Produced and hosted a weekly radio program on San Diego radio stations – KFMB, KSDO and KCEO, from 1986-2004.
- Hosted and produced the syndicated talk show Women’s Health Talk, on 65 stations through Talk America Radio Network.
- Currently host the podcast “Your Health Connection” on Apple, Spotify and Podbean
- B.A. in English, Cum Laude, from Windham College, Putney, Vermont
- M.S. in Biology/Clinical Nutrition, Magna Cum Laude, from University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner through Functional Medicine University & through the Kalish Institute
- AFMCP Certificate, Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice through The Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM)
- D.C. from Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, Glendale, California
- D.N.M. – Board Certified Doctor of Natural Medicine through the Board of Natural Medicine
- C.T.N., Board Certified Traditional Naturopathic Doctor through the American Naturopathic Medical Certification Board
- M.D. (Candidate) from UHSA Medical School – finished all required courses
- Did clinical and hospital rotations at Maryvale Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona
D.N.M., M.S., D.C., CFMP, C.T.N., M.D. (candidate)
American Naturopathic Medical Association
American College of Lifestyle Medicine
American Holistic Medical Association
Provider for “Homecoming for Hero’s Program”
LISTEN to “DR. GAILA on BLOG TALK RADIO”